Honey Mustard Cocktail Sausages
An iconic and easy snack or party food, these honey and mustard cocktail sausages are so easy and utterly delicious. They are firey from the whole grain mustard but also sweet and sticky from the honey. Easy to make and even easier to eat!
Enjoying a pot of honey and mustard sausages when at the pub or at a party is the best snack you can have. No matter the time of year this is an easy recipe which is gone down well. It can be eaten hot or cold. These are a great picnic food and always a winner as party food.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- These honey mustard cocktail sausages are very quick to make.
- Sticky and sweet sausages only need 5 ingredients.
- Great party food which can be served hot or cold.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
- cocktail sausages
- wholegrain mustard
- runny honey
- maple syrup
- small pinch of salt
I think the mix of maple syrup and honey makes these the best they can be. If you don’t have maple syrup you can double up on the honey.
How to make – step by step
- Preheat the oven and add the sausages to a bowl.
- In a jug or cup mix wholegrain mustard, runny honey and maple syrup with a small pinch of salt. Mix well together.
- Pour over the sausages and mix them well.
- Place the sausages into a silver foiled lined oven proof tray. (This helps with the cleaning after as the sauce will stick).
- Cook until golden brown and sticky. Turn every 10 minutes.
- Serve straight away and enjoy.
Although you can make this in advance and leave them to marinate you really don’t need to for long. Five minutes is usually more than enough. As they bake the flavours will taste wonderful.
If you want to be quick, of course, make the marinade and mix it with the sausages and put it in the fridge until needed.
It might seem silly to add honey and maple syrup but I can promise it really is worth the extra little ingredient.
These honey mustard cocktail sausages are great served on their own as a snack.
They are always a big hit at parties. Make sure to have some cocktail sticks (toothpicks) so people can easily pick them up.
Serve with chips and salad for a fun quick snacky dinner.
These honey glazed sausages are the perfect addition for a sharing table.
This list contains affiliate links
Storing / Making ahead of time options
These mustard cocktail sausages can be made in advance and left to marinate before you cook them.
The sausages taste great hot or cold.
In this honey glazed sausage recipe, there are so many additions or variations.
If you can’t get hold of cocktail sausages you can use normal sausages but you will need to increase the cooking time.
Substitutions and variations for honey mustard cocktail sausages
Making these honey and mustard cocktail sausages gluten-free is very easy. When purchasing your sausages you can make sure they are gluten-free. The rest of the recipe stays the same.
Vegan honey mustard sausages
By using vegan sausages and swapping out the honey and replacing it with maple syrup you can still enjoy the fabulous taste of these honey mustard sausages.
Make them spicy
When mixing the ingredients together in the bowl you can add some fresh chilli or chilli flakes. It adds extra fiery taste and works very well.
If you looking for more Christmas party food and bite-size treats then check out my pigs in blankets toad in the hole.
FAQS about making Honey Glazed Cocktail Sausages
What are the best sausages to use?
The best cocktail to use for honey glazed sausages has to be cocktail sausages. Of course, you can use normal full-size sausages but for snacky party food, the cocktail sausages are definitely best.
If you do use full-size sausages make sure to adapt the cooking time for the longer time needed.
Can I use normal sausages instead of cocktail sausages?
Yes of course honey glazed large sausages are also delicious. They work so well with mash potatoes and salad. Normal sausages will need longer in the oven to cook.
What is the best mustard to use for honey and mustard glazed sausages?
The best mustard for this honey and mustard sausages recipe has to be whole grain mustard. The whole grains add a fieriness to the finished sausages. It adds more flavour and makes them look so much nicer too!
Other Party Food Recipes you might like if you like these honey glazed cocktail sausages
Pin this honey mustard cocktail sausage recipe to enjoy later
Pin me for later or follow me @sewwhiteblog on Pinterest for my latest recipes and to discover my others.
Honey Mustard Cocktail Sausages
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- medium ovenproof dish
- aluminium foil
- measuring jug
- 270 g cocktail sausages (18 cocktail sausages)
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan / gas mark 4 / 356ºF.
- Line an oven proof dish with aluminium foil.
- Add the 270g of cocktail sausages to a bowl.
- In a jug or cup mix the 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard, 1 tablespoon of runny honey and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup with a small pinch of salt. Mix well together.
- Drizzle the mixture over the sausages and mix them together.
- Pour the sausages into the prepared oven proof dish along with any leftover glaze.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the sausages and recoat in the glaze.
- When they are golden brown and cooked through remove from the oven and serve. (You can check by cutting one in half).
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.