These Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies are absolutely incredible. The mix beautiful fluffy cookie with peanut butter and squidgy piece of banana.
I love peanut butter and bananas on toast and I thought would they work in a cookie? The answer is most certainly yes! Oh yes. Many many many times yes. In fact I can’t even express how much I love these cookies. They are just wonderful.
What is lovely about these cookies is the peanut butter when still warm is so gooey. Plus the banana must count towards one of your five a day! I can be hopeful. I don’t think it actually counts. These golden brown cookies and calling out to be eaten and you’ll be surprised how lovely they smell as they are baking. They do call out to be enjoyed warm. I let them cool for as long as it takes me to move them to the cooling rack, take the oven gloves off ad get back to them.
The basic vanilla cookie recipe is from my friend and the peanut butter/banana bit was my idea. This recipe also works amazingly well with chocolate chips.
How to roll the Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
When the dough is out of the fridge roll a tablespoon of it in to a ball and then flatten out to a disk shape. Pop 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in the middle with 3 half pieces of banana.
Look how large they are! Full of yummy peanut butter and bananas!
Many many cookies to enjoy.
Happy Baking x
Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
- 100 g unsalted butter softened
- 100 g light brown soft sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- A jar of peanut butter 1 tsp per tablespoon cookie
- 1 banana into slices and then cut in half again
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a few trays with baking paper. I use 3 for this recipe as the cookies spread so much.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract stir in well.
- Sieve in the flour and salt and mix into a dough.
- Pop in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and take a heaped tablespoon for each cookie. Roll into a ball and flatten into a disc. Put a heaped teaspoon of peanut butter in the centre of the disc and the banana. Roll the cookie back into a ball by pulling the sides in. Put on a baking tray, leaving a good distance between them as they will spread.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until the cookies are starting to brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before enjoying.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite