Chocolate, Orange and Cinnamon Breakfast Waffles
There is a simple flavour (and smell) combination which brings me such joy every time I use them and that is orange and cinnamon. I decided to have a play and see if I could add them to my favourite breakfast – waffles! I am to report that they work a treat and the fresh orange slices I’m sure makes them a healthy breakfast(a girl can dream).
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- The zest and juice from 1 orange
- 450ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- nutella or chocolate spread to serve
- Fresh orange slices to serve
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar and mix.
- Zest the orange and add it to the mix along with the juice.
- Add the eggs and oil. Pour in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- If using a hand mixer, mix until combined and smooth don’t overmix.
- Cook as per instructions on your waffle maker.
- Spread a good amount of nutella over them and enjoy with the fresh orange slices.
A beautiful breakfast of waffles really does make the day start well