Cognac Tiramisu Recipe
This Cognac Tiramisu is incredible. The mix of cognac, creamy marscapone and chocolate is a beautiful dessert for an event or when you’re craving tiramisu.
I love tiramisu and the opportunity to try making it with a boozy twist was so tempting to not make and enjoy (and have the left overs for breakfast the next day – amazing). It is a very simple pudding to make and is lovely for parties as it can be made a few hours before you need it. I love good chunky layered tiramisu. Sweet, creamy and alcoholic. Delicious.
The best tiramisu recipe
After trying the fabulous pairing range of chocolate and drinks from Aldi I deicide to use the strong Cognac to help flavour the fabulous pudding. I decided to grate chocolate into the layers. It was so good. The chocolate was enough to notice and tickle the tongue in against the smoothness of the cream and sponginess of the sponge fingers.
I had enough of the sponge fingers and creamy mixture to make one large trifle bowl full but also a few little ones. These were lovely and it was nice to not share.
What do I need for the Cognac and Chocolate Tiramisu?
For this recipe you will need
50 g marscapone
100 g caster sugar
3 large eggs
200 g sponge fingers
1 cup of coffee cold
a few tablespoons of cognac
100 g grated chocolate
This recipe doesn’t need much in order to create a wonderful dessert.
Coffee and Cognac Tiramisu
The mix of the coffee and cognac is a beautiful thing indeed. Cognac has that earth woody flavour and the coffee works so well with that. They compliment each other perfectly.
I used the Moser Roth chocolate from Aldi – the little bars have a great taste and being small they are easy to grate without them snapping. They are also a great size to hold safely (be do be careful when grating chocolate).
I hope you enjoy x
- 250 g marscapone
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 200 g sponge fingers
- 1 cup of coffee cold
- a few tablespoons of cognac
- 100 g grated chocolate
- Separate the eggs.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks.
- In a bowl mix together the marscapone, sugar and egg yolks.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Dunk the sponge fingers in the coffee and break up into chunks to make a layer in the bowl.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of cognac over the sponge fingers. Strong coffee and cognac flavours really really work.
- Smooth over a layer of cream.
- Sprinkle the chocolate over the cream.- Repeat the sponge fingers, cream and chocolate to make layers.
- Pop in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour.
Follow me on Instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite