Chocolate and peanut butter cookies mix two delicious flavours together. The iconic peanut butter flavour works so well with cookies.
I was luck to be given a huge bag of Reese’s Pieces and knew they would have to go into cookies. These cookies I could easily eat without baking them in anything but I thought cookies would be a lovely thing to make and share with my friends. I decided to add peanut butter to the mix as well as having the pieces in them. This was a very good decision. These were happily devoured very quickly.
I love the look of the Reese’s Pieces going into the dough.
To make nice size cookies I used a heaped tablespoon per one and it made 20 cookies.
Chocolate and peanut butter cookies
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 60 g peanut butter
- 300 g light brown soft sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350 g plain flour / all purpose flour
- 50 cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 200 g Reese's Pieces (set 50g aside to decorate the dough before it goes in the oven)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees / 160 fan /Gas mark 3 and line 3 baking sheets with greaseproof baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix in.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, cocoa, bicarb and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in in the flour until you get a thick mix. If is it too dry add a little splash of milk.
- Add 150g of the Reese's Pieces and mix in until evenly distributed.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mix and pop them on the lined baking trays. Make sure they aren't too close together as they will spread.
- Use up the last Reese's Pieces to add a few to the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few seconds and enjoy. They taste lovely warm with a cup of tea.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
I’m entering these cookies into Lucy at Supergolden Bakes weekly round up #CookBlogShare.
If you love cookies why not try making my Cookie Jars which are perfect for presents.
If you like these cookies I think you’ll love my Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cookies, Orange, Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate and peanut butter cookies or my Nutella and Banana Chocolate Cookies
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite