Pears on Toast with Blue Cheese and Figs
Pears on toast with blue cheese and figs is a classic collection of flavours and it’s the perfect time of year to make it with in the season fruit.
This is a simple combination but the flavours are some of the best in the world. Soft blue cheese spread on hot toast, topped with juicy pear and topped with fresh figs. If that wasn’t enough a drizzle of honey tops this off as the most opulent way to have pears on toast.
I love September for pears so I wanted to celebrate them by making up a few interesting ways to have them on toast. To give you a delicious new way to eat pears.
I think this looks incredible. It’s so rich in flavours however it is still light and easy to eat. You won’t just want one! Pears and blue cheese work so well together as does figs and blue cheese. Together it’s a trinity of flavour topped with that earthy sweet honey.
I hope you enjoy this really quick but delicious meal or very epic snack. This is a wonderful lovely dish. I’ve had it at home for a mid afternoon snack when I had the items in the cupboard but also I’ve presented them for posh dinner party starters. You can also make them smaller and have them as little canapés. People might think it’s a little weird to have pears on toast but once you’ve eaten it you will think it’s a delightful thing to eat.
Pears on Toast with Blue Cheese and Figs Recipe
Pears on toast with blue cheese and figs
- Sourdough bread
- Blue Cheese I used Saint Agur
- 1 Ripe pear
- 1 fig
- Toast the sourdough. I use the grill as I like the chunky toast and it doesn't always fit in the toaster. Keep an eye on it though as grilling can cook it a bit quick.
- Spread, as best as you can, the blue cheese on the toast.
- Peel and slice a pear and add to the cheese.
- Topped with a sliced fig and then drizzle with honey.
- Enjoy while the toast is still warm.
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite