Air Fryer Mince Pies are the best sweet treat to make this Christmas. Quick to assemble and so easy to cook. A lovely shortcrust pastry case with a sweet fruity mincemeat filling cooked in the air fryer until golden brown.
Air fryers are the biggest thing since sliced bread at the moment and it wouldn’t be right to start my air fryer recipes without including a recipe for air fryer mince pies.
Why you’ll love this air fryer mince pies recipe
- It’s an easy mince pie recipe using your air fryer, they’ll be done quickly and the pastry is just wonderfully crisp.
- Making air fryer mince pies is a great cost saving way to make mince pies. I love the idea of not having to turn my big oven on just for mince pies.
- They’re delicious. I love making mince pies, the mix of warm spiced mincemeat, crisp shortcrust pastry and adding the little star-shaped lids. Perfect Christmas day snack.
- This is one quick and easy christmas air fryer recipes.
Top Questions for air fryer mince pies
For the full recipe and instructions scroll to the bottom of the page for the recipe card.
I love making my own mincemeat at home in the slow cooker. It’s good to be able to adapt the recipe to my taste or the taste of guests. You can buy a jar of mincemeat from most supermarkets and that will work perfectly for this Christmas air fryer recipes.
Homemade shortcrust pastry is really easy to whip up. You simply combine flour and butter until you get a nice crumbly consistency.
If you are short on time, this mince pie recipe works just as well with pre-made pastry or even pre-made pastry shells if you’re in the mood for quick air fryer pies.
It is a great air fryer pastry recipe and it’s wonderful that pastry can be cooked in an air fryer.
How to make – step by step
- Line your baking tins with some baking paper/ parchment.
- Layer your pastry into the tin and spoon in the mincemeat.
- Cut little stars into your pastry and pop these on top of the mince pie.
- Wash the pie lid with an egg wash or milk wash and bake in the air fryer per my instructions below.
- An egg wash will help the lids of your air fryer mince pies brown perfectly.
- Cooking your Christmas mince pies in the air fryer for quick and tasty air fryer mince pies.
- Add your favourite spices to the mincemeat mix or dust your air fryer pies with ground cinnamon. This adds such a wonderful festive flavour to your mince pies.
Air Fryer Mince Pies Serving Suggestions
You should serve mince pies warm from the air fryer. They are perfect on their own, you can always pour some double cream over your warm mince pies.
If you’re serving these air fryer mince pies UK recipe at a Christmas party, I recommend decorating the plate with dried orange slices and dry cinnamon sticks.
This list contains affiliate links
Substitutions and variations
AIR FRYER PUFF PASTRY MINCE PIES
Instead of shortcrust pastry, why not make your air fryer pies with puff pastry instead? It’s just as delicious (if not more so) and the air fryer makes for wonderfully crispy and flakey pastry. Follow the steps as normal but swap the shortcrust pastry for puff.
CRANBERRY AIR FRYER MINCE PIES
Want to up the festive flavour? Add dried cranberries to your mince pies before adding the lid on. If you don’t have any dried cranberries, homemade cranberry sauce works just as well.
Heating Mince Pies in an Air Fryer
To heat, your mince pies in the air fryer set your air fryer to about 180 degrees Celsius and lay them in. Air fryer pies take about 15 minutes to cook and heat through nicely but do adapt these settings depending on your air fryer. If you’re looking for Christmas Air fryer recipes, this is a great one to get you started.
Storing Air Fryer Mince Pies / Making ahead of time options
Mince pies can last for a few days in an air-tight container when kept in a cool dark cupboard. I recommend laying a sheet of kitchen roll in between the layers on mince pies as this will absorb any leftover moisture.
Air fryer mince pies can be frozen for up to a month once they’ve been baked and fully cooled. Just warm them up in the microwave (once fully defrosted) for about 30 seconds to enjoy warm mince pies.
Can you cook pastry in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook pastry in an air fryer, Pastry cooked in an air fryer works well to keep the pastry crisps without it burning and is a time & energy saving method of cookie pies and pastry.
For a simple air fryer pastry recipe these christmas mince pies will delight you and your guests this Christmas.
How long do you air fry pies for?
You air fry pies for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius. They don’t take long to cook perfectly but you should check your make and model so you don’t over cook your pies.
Can you heat up mince pies in an air fryer?
You can easily heat up mince pies in an air fryer the same way you would in an oven. Set the temperature to about 150 degrees celsius and warm your mince pies for about 5 minutes depending on the model of air fryer you’re using.
Can you bake in an air fryer?
You can bake most things in an air fryer that you would usually bake in an oven. Sometimes you have to alter the cooking time but it’s a welcomed feature that yu don’t have to wait long times for your oven to pre-heat prior to baking.
Can you put cake tins in an air fryer?
You can put most cake tins in an air fryer. It’s always best to read the guidance your air fryer or cake tin comes with to make sure but I have not come across a cake tin that couldn’t go in an air fryer.
Cupcake tins, cake tins and even tart tins will go in an air fryer.
Other Recipes you might like
For other delicious treats that you can make in your air fryer why not try Air Fryer Sausage Rolls from Feast Glorious Feast, Air Fryer Scones from Farmersgirl Kitchen or what about Air Fyrer Potato Peel Crisps by Curlys Cooking.
Pin this recipe to enjoy later
Pin me for later or follow me @sewwhiteblog on Pinterest for my latest recipes and to discover my others.
Air Fryer Mince Pies
- Pastry cutters
- Rolling Pin
- 2 6 hole cupcake tin / fairy cake tin
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry (approximately 350g)
- flour for dusting
- 300 g mincemeat
- 1 egg
- Unroll your shop bought shortcrust pastry or make your own shortcrust pastry with my recipe.
- Lightly dust a 6 hole fairy cake tin tray. I used 2 fairy cake trays and cooked them in two batches. You can however add the mincepies to paper cupcake cases and cook mince pies more at once.
- Using pastry cutters, cut a base circle which is a little larger than the fairy cake hole on the tray so when you push it in it fills the hole.
- Add mincemeat to the pastry, filling it up three quarters full.
- Use the leftover pastry to make a lid. It can be a completely closed mince pie of you can add a shape so you can see the filling. I love stars for my mince pies.
- Gently whisk an egg with a fork and brush the egg glaze over the mince pies.
- Place the fairycake/cupcake tray into the airfryer.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 180ºC / 360ºF in your air fryer oven. Check after 10 minutes. (Or bake at the same temperature in a regular oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.)
- Carefully remove the mince pies and enjoy.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.