This year Aldi turns 25! Happy Birthday Aldi!
Since I’m in my 25th year too I am very partial to a cocktail so I couldn’t say no when offered a hamper with everything I would need to make Shooting Star cocktails.
This cocktail is stunning. The mix of raspberries, vodka and a big hit of Prosecco is delicious. I will definitely be adding this recipe to my favourites. The Prosecco adds a lovely sparkle to the finished cocktail. It is very moreish so don’t drink it all in one go.
Watching it come alive with the Prosecco in the sunshine was lovely.
What a delicious hamper to receive. I am so very very lucky.
The Aldi Prosecco is amazing plus at only £7.49 a bottle is an incredibly good deal.
Makes 1 cocktail – I made a huge amount of the raspberry pulp so I could make a few cocktails in one go (it also tasted delicious on pancakes if you have some left over).
-25ml Tamova (Aldi) Vodka
-25ml raspberry juice from frozen raspberries
-2 teaspoons of sugar
-Valdobbiadene Prosecco (Aldi)
– 1 apple
– Take 2 tablespoons of defrosted raspberries and add the sugar.
– Press the fruit through a sieve collecting the juice.
– In a cocktail glass add 25ml of the raspberry juice and pour over 25ml of the vodka. Give it a little stir.
– Gently pour over the prosecco over a spoon in to the glass.
– Serve straight away with a slice or two of apple on the side. These are lovely to eat with the cocktail especially if they are sharp eating apple.
The drink goes slightly frothy but it’s delicious and sort of reminds me of slushies from being a child. These are just adult slushies!
Frothy Prosecco goodness! This is certainly nice to enjoy in the sunshine.
I was given the alcohol by Aldi to try out their 25th birthday cocktails.