My easy to make trifle is a brilliant start to spring and is a great mix of cream mascarpone and fresh fruit, plus a little boozy with the sherry.
The weather might not be the best but I’m dreaming of warmer days and nights. This easy trifle is setting me up for spring and tastes brilliant with the fresh berries.
Easy to Make Trifle
As well as being super delicious the trifle is also very quick to make and doesn’t need to be made hours in advance. You can make it 5-10 minutes before serving. Or if you want to make it for a dinner party you have the option to make it in advance. What is so brilliant about this pudding is that it is so versatile. You can add any fruit combinations you like and there is so many ways to present it too. I love making a big trifle but I also love presenting them in individual jars for parties.
Easy Fresh Berry Trifle Recipe
- 2 medium eggs
- 70 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g mascarpone
- 175 g sponge fingers
- A few splashes of sherry enough for the fingers to absorb the sherry but not go too soggy
- 3 bananas peeled and sliced
- 200 g blueberries
- 150 g raspberries
- 400 g strawberries
- Separate the eggs
- In a bowl and using a hand mixer whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- In a second bowl cream the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Using a hand mixer add the mascarpone and vanilla and whisk until light and creamy.
- Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mix.
- In a trifle dish put half the sponge fingers in a trifle bowl and pour 5 tablespoons of sherry over the top. Enough for them to absorb but not be soggy.
- Pour half of mascarpone mixture in to the trifle dish.
- Stud strawberry halves around the outside of the bowl, cut side to the glass.
- Add slices of banana. Half of the raspberries and half of the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl pour more sherry over the remaining sponge fingers.
- Add them to the trifle dish.
- Stud a few bananas around the edge.
- Add another layer of the mascarpone cream mix.
- Add the remaining fruit and top with a few strawberries.
- Pop in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, or you can make these a few hours in advance.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.