Pimp up your Pimm’s with my easy Pimm’s vodka cocktail. A mix of the summer classic Pimm’s but with a dash of vodka makes a strong drink. However, topping up the alcohol mix with elderflower and lemonade makes it a perfect tall summer drink.
Why you’ll love this Pimm’s Vodka Cocktail recipe
- Fresh and fruit, what’s not to love about this Pimm’s vodka cocktail.
- It’s strong, perfectly balanced and super easy to make.
- Simply measure, pour and serve!
- It contains Pimm’s, need I say more?
How to Make
Substitutions and Variations
Making Ahead Options
Other Recipes You Might Like
Pimm’s Vodka Cocktail Ingredients
For the full recipe and instructions scroll to the bottom of the page for the recipe card.
The classic British summertime drink. Fruity, refreshing and the perfect combination for any sunny afternoon. Pimm’s is the perfect liqueur to mix into this Pimm’s vodka cocktail.
It adds a wonderfully fruity hint to thePimm’s cup cocktail drink and is a great way to wow guests who are bored of the classic Pimm’s and lemonade.
One of my favourite spirits. Vodka can be used in so many cocktails and mixing it with elderflower in this Pimm’s Vodka cup just takes your summertime drinks to another level!
Belvoir Farm Sparkling Elderflower
When I make this cocktail I often use elderflower cordial and lemonade but I recently found the Belvoir Farm sparkling elderflower drink which works so incredibly well for this recipe.
This Pimm’s cup cocktail has everything you need to add to this cocktail so it is a good choice to try if you want to make it.
How to make Pimm’s Vodka Cocktail – step by step
Add your ice to your glass ( this is how the pros do it) then add your fruit and measure your Pimm’s. Add a shot of vodka, a tablespoon of your elderflower cordial and then top with lemonade.
You can then serve thePimm’s cup cocktail with a sprig of mint and some classic Pimm’s fruit, a slice of orange, cucumber or even a frozen strawberry!
Pimm’s Vodka Cocktail Top Tips
This Pimm’s vodka cup couldn’t be simpler to make, but to ensure you have the best Pimm’s vodka cocktail:
- Pop your strawberries in the freezer and then pop them in your glass instead of ice cubes. The perfect way to keep your drink cool and you still get a Pimm’s vodka cocktail soaked strawberry at the end of your drink!
- Make your Pimm’s Vodka cup for a party by scaling up the ingredients and popping it in the fridge before you’re ready to serve.
Pimm’s Cup Variations
Here are some ideas forPimm’s cup variations. You could enjoy this Pimm’s vodka cup without the Vodka if you would like a slightly less strong summer cocktail. Simply make it as normal but omit the shot of vodka.
If you want to add a little kick to your Pimm’s vodka cocktail, swap out the lemonade for ginger ale! It adds a wonderfully fiery flavour and pairs perfectly with Pimm’s.
I also have a Pimm’s ginger ale cocktail here.
Making ahead of time options
You can make a batch of this Pimm’s vodka cocktail recipe but scale up the ingredients by how many servings you want to make ( my recipe below makes 1 serving). FOr example, if you want to make enough for 5 people, multiple the quantities by 5, and place in a cool jug in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Then simply add your ice to pre-fruited glasses and enjoy thePimm’s cup cocktail!
This Easy Pimm’s vodka cocktail is really quick to whip up so you may not need to pre-prepare it anyway!
Pimm’s Vodka Cocktail FAQS
Is Pimm’s made of vodka?
Pimm’s is made of gin, not vodka. They taste slightly different and Pimm’s has a much fruitier taste than either vodka or gin. It does pair well with lemonade and tonic as well.
What is the main alcohol in Pimms?
The main alcohol in Pimm’s is gin. It doesn’t taste too strongly of gin though, it has a much fruitier taste and pairs perfectly with a nice sweet lemonade. Or in an easy Pimm’s cocktail!
What flavours are in Pimms?
The flavours in Pimm’s are fruity! But it also has a tang to it, almost bitter but not quite. It tastes like the alcoholic version of apple juice and iced tea. It’s the perfect summer drink and mixed with lemonade it’s just the right amount of sweetness!
What can I use instead of Pimm’s?
If you want a similar taste, you can use another brand of Pimm’s, like Adsa’s Summer cup or Sainsbury’s pitchers. Both have a very similar taste to the classic Pimm’s but can sometimes be a bit more economical than the named brand.
If you want something a little more fancy, try the Sipsmith London cup gin. Its smooth, refreshing and has a hint of bitterness which balances perfectly with the fruit and lemonade in a classic Pimm’s cocktail.
Other Pimm’s Recipes you might like
Pin this recipe to enjoy later
Pin me for later or follow me @sewwhiteblog on Pinterest for my latest recipes and to discover my others.
Pimm’s Vodka Cocktail
- Long spoon
- ice cubes (optional)
- 50 ml Pimm's
- 25 ml vodka
- 1 tablespoon Elderflower Cordial
- 150 ml lemonade
- 1 slice orange
- 4 slices cucumber
- 2 strawberries
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Place the ice in to the tall glass along with the strawberries, orange slice and cucumber slices.
- Pour over the 50ml Pimm's, 25ml vodka and 1 tablespoon elderflower cordial.
- Top up with the 150ml lemonade. (It might need a little more).
- Gently stir the mixture together.
- Add a sprig of fresh mint as a garnish and serve straight away.
- If you don’t have ice you can freeze the strawberries whole and use them in the drink to cool it down.
- This is an easy recipe to size up for a party.
- You can also have all the fruit ready in glasses with the Pimm’s, elderflower and vodka then top up the lemonade as guests arrive for a party.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.