This Christmas Cranberry Flapjacks recipe is absolutely delicious! The mix of the cranberries studded into the flapjack with a hint of spice is just wow!
I love flapjacks as especially at Christmas because they are so easily adaptable for holiday spices. Cinnamon, mixed spice, nutmeg and cloves really work together with the oaty flavour which is just out of this world when combined. Add cranberries and it really is next level.
Christmas Cranberry Flapjacks
The Christmas spirit has officially kicked in for me and I can’t wait to get more festive over the next few weeks. To start off my Christmas bakes I whipped up these delicious and easy Christmas Sparkle Cranberry Flapjacks. They can easily be made gluten free too just make sure the oats are gluten free.
Christmas Cranberry Flapjacks with gold dusting for Christmas parties
A sprinkle of edible gold dust certainly adds a lovely touch of Christmas sparkle! I love using sprinkles so they do often get used even with flapjacks.
How do you make flapjacks festive?
It is so easy to make a normal flapjack festive with a few key ingredients. My choices would be ground cinnamon, cloves, ground ginger and mixed spice. Plus for a fruity addition dried cranberries are a must! These iconic Christmas flavours are favourite. I love Christmas and dried cranberries, cinnamon and ginger are used in so many bakes! I love it.
Gluten free cranberry flapjack recipe
Gluten free flapjacks are super easy to make and with this recipe it only takes making the oats gluten free certified to do so. If you want to add sprinkles make sure they are gluten free friendly too.
Flapjacks with granola
If you want to make these flapjacks with granola they will work a treat. Replace the oats and replace with the same weight of granola. It adds a delicious bite and a few extra flavours to the finished flapjacks.
Cranberry and raisin flapjacks
If you want to add raisins to this recipe then absolutely do. You can either reduce the cranberry amount and top up with raisins or add some extra raisins in on top. Add some in by eye as you go. You will be able to see what is enough. I’d say about 50g of raisins with the 100g of dried cranberries would be enough.
Christmas Cranberry Flapjacks
- 600 g oats / Gluten Free oats work too don’t use instant porridge oats
- 200 g condensed milk
- 250 g golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp heaped golden syrup
- 300 g unsalted butter
- 100 g dried cranberries
- edible gold stardust from Waitrose
- gold pearl decorations from Sainsburys
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line 9 x 12 inch tin with greaseproof paper. It’s so much easier for getting them out.
- Add the butter, golden syrup, sugar and condensed milk to a saucepan and on a low heat melt together and keep stirring until all combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and cranberries.
- Spoon into the tin and level off.
- Sprinkle with the golden pearl decorations and lightly press them in using the back of spoon.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cut them while they are still got and leave to cool.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Follow me on Instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite