Marshmallow Chocolate Bites
I adore these marshmallow chocolate bites. They are so easy to make, look beautiful and will make always be popular with adults and kids alike.
I love marshmallows and chocolate. they are a winning combination and one that I’m trying to add to everything where I can. For a surprise wedding anniversary party for my parents I made these lovely little finger food sweet treats.
These lovely marshmallow and chocolate treats are so easy to make and are loved by everyone. I think adding the little paper straw holders really invites everyone to try them. Plus little ones were happy to run off with them like flowers and nibble them like a lolly pop.
Since the party I’ve had a lot of requests to make them for friends and family and their events so I have been busy. I can see why they are delicious and you can eat a lot!
I first had these when I was little by dipping the marshmallows into melted chocolate. It was a happy childhood treat so this is a more grown up version but it still tastes great and I love sprinkles. It is also a lot neater now too!
Marshmallow Chocolate Bites Making Station
It is a lovely quick activity and always makes everyone smile to make them. These can be made in advance for parties so great to get done the day before. Cut a paper straw in half (good and sustainable) and push it almost the whole way through the marshmallow.
Melt your choice of chocolate in short bursts in the microwave. I used white this time but all chocolates work really well. Dip the marshmallows into the sprinkles and leave them to set. That is it. All done. Ready to eat.
The finished treats look lovely and were gone very quickly.
Marshmallow Chocolate Bites
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- paper straws cut in half unless you want tall handles
- 200 g chocolate I used white for this batch of treats dark works well too
- assorted sprinkles
- dried fruit chopped up small. I used dried raspeberries and they worked a treat!
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a bowl over hot water.
- Lay out a piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray so it easy to move.
- Cut the straws in half to make a smaller handle and stick the cut end in to the marshmallow. As the marshmallows are sticky they will cling to the straws without having to use anything else.
- When the chocolate has melted take it off the heat.
- Dip the marshmallows in to the chocolate and sprinkle the sides with sprinkles.
- Place on the greaseproof paper and repeat with all the marshmallows.-Place the tray in the fridge and allow to cool.
- When the chocolate is cool the treats will peel off the greaseproof paper easily.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
What you need – Amazon Affiliate links
Follow me on Instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
View my other recipes and see below for other party food ideas.