For a fan of cocktails and cakes the Mojito Bundt Cake is a super simple bake which will impress everyone around the table.
Cocktail season is upon us and my love of both them and bundt cakes have resulted in this beautiful cake. Mojito cake with a boozy drizzle.
It was absolutely delicious and a massive hit at a party. It was soft, sticky from the drizzle and a little sweet from the icing.
Mojito Bundt Cake Recipe
- 220 g unsalted butter
- 450 g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350 g lemon yoghurt
- 350 g plain flour / all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- tiny pinch of salt
- 175 ml white rum
- 50 ml water
- 10 mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3 limes thinly cut as decoration
- mint leaves as decoration
- icing sugar / confectioners sugar (and a few drops of water to get a thick yet slightly runny consistency)
- Preheat the oven to gas 150 (fan) 160 (regular).
- Grease the tin well. I use melted butter and paint it on with a pastry brush and then I dust with plain flour which helps to find any places on the tin I’ve missed to grease. (the best thing to do with detailed Nordic Ware tins)
- In the mixer cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the yoghurt into the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl measure out and sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Mix the flour mix in slowly until all the flour has disappeared.
- Add the mixture to the prepared bundt cake tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. When the cake pulls away from the edge of the tin the cake is ready.
- After 30 minutes turn the cake out on to a cooling rack. Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake ready for the drizzle.
- In a pan gently simmer the white rum, water, mint leaves and granulated sugar.
- Keep stirring until the mix starts to thicken and then take off the heat and drizzle over the cake
- Make sure the cake is cold before making up the icing and decorating with the lime and mint.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
I hope you enjoy it as much as me.
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite