Daiquiri Cocktail Bundt Cake
My Daiquiri bundt Cake is a simple and delicious cake perfect for gatherings, parties or just a nice snack with a cup of tea. It also tastes amazing served with a cocktail!
The strong lime flavour mixed with the sugar white rum makes this cake tart but still has a sweetness.
The daiquiri cake is a special cake and one that I make for myself for a weekend treat and even for my birthday last year. The light sponge and limey and zesty flavour of the cake makes it a perfect for a spring bake.
The Daiquiri bundt Cake recipe
- 220g butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g lemon yoghurt (if you can find lime then use that)
- 350g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- tiny pinch of salt
- 150ml white rum
- juice of 3 limes
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- the grated zest of 3 limes thinly cut as decoration
- icing sugar and a few drops of water to get a thick yet slightly runny consistency
- Preheat the oven to gas 150 (fan) 160 (regular).
- Grease the tin well. I use melted butter and paint it on with a pastry brush and then I dust with plain flour which helps to find any places on the tin I’ve missed to grease. (the best thing to do with detailed Nordic Ware tins)
- In the mixer cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well mixed in.
- Add the yoghurt into the butter mixture and mix.
- In a separate bowl measure out and sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Mix the flour mix in slowly until all the flour has disappeared.
- Add the mixture to the prepared bundt cake tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. When the cake pulls away from the edge of the tin the cake is ready.
- After 30 minutes turn the cake out on to a cooling rack. Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake ready for the drizzle.
- Zest the lime and set aside, squeeze the juice of the lime into a saucepan.
- Add the white rum and granulated sugar.
- Keep stirring until the mix starts to thicken and then take off the heat and drizzle over the cake.
- When the cake is cold make up the icing and decorating with the lime zest.
Want to try another cocktail bundt cake? Try out my mojito bundt cake