A beautiful Pear Pie topped with stars and perfect for beginner pie makers. It tasted wonderful and pear pie has become a family favourite now.
Cold nights mean pie for pudding! It’s such a versatile dish to make and has thousands of possible fillings. If the oven is going for dinner I love putting in a quick pie to cook for pudding.I tend to use premade shortcrust pastry from the supermarket as it saves time but on occasion I make it from scratch.
Star Pear Pie
- 500 g premade shortcrust pastry
- 6 pears
- Juice from half a lemon
- 200 g blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Roll out the pastry and line the pastry dish. Trimming off the excess.
- Peel the pears and chop them up and put them in a bowl.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and stir.
- Add the blueberries and pour into the pie dish.
- Using the off cuts cut out the stars and place over the fruit.
- Whisk up an egg and using a pastry brush, brush the egg over the pastry so it goes a beautiful golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the granulated sugar and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Serve straight away.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
I loved how the stars looked after their bake. Plus the blueberries had burst making the filling a beautiful purple when it was served.
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
7 thoughts on “Star Pear Pie”
I am a complete sucker for a beatifully decorated pie and follow quite a few IG accounts that focus purely on this. Yours is a STAR bake for sure.
Thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely add it to instagram again!
I often forget just how lovely pears are, and pies for that matter! This looks delicious!
Thank you so much! It was super delicious
Pear and blueberry sound like a fabulous combination! Loving the starry topping to this pie, so effective-)
Thank you 🙂 Any excuse for stars!