This London Cup Lemonade Spritz recipe is a truly wonderful drink that is packed full of fruit and flavour. The Sipsmith London Cup is a fruity spirit similar to Pimm’s but in my opinion, has a moreish flavour. It is a great pimped up gin and tonic but it also has huge potential for cocktails – in particular this easy London Cup Lemonade Spritz. This easy Sipsmith London cup cocktail will be a family and friends favourite this summer.
This recipe was originally created for Elys Wimbledon in partnership with Sipsmith.
This has to be my favourite drink of summer 2021. The London Cup is a fruity spirit that is perfect for days in the sunshine. You don’t need to add the fresh fruit but I think it’s worth it to really give this cocktail a punch. It looks incredible and tastes even better. An easy Sipsmith London cup cocktail is fresh, and fruity and the Prosecco gives it an extra sparkle.
Why you’ll love thisLondon Cup Lemonade Spritz recipe
- This London Cup Lemonade Spritz is fruity and fresh. It’s beautifully juicy and a great alternative to Pimm’s.
- This cocktail is a perfect drink for sunny afternoons. It pairs well with strawberries and an orange slice too. This gives the London cup lemonade a zesty and zingy taste.
- This Sipsmith Lemonade Sprtiz is so easy to make and even easier to enjoy.
- This is a perfect summer party drink. As you don’t need to shake the cocktail you can make up multiple drinks very quickly. Keeping you having more time with your guests and less time slaving away over the cocktails.
London Cup Lemonade Spritz Top Questions
For the full gin lemonade fizz recipe and instructions scroll to the bottom of the page for the recipe card.
SIPSMITH LONDON CUP
A zesty and fresh gin perfect for summer party cocktails, Sipsmith London cup is one of my new favourites for a gin cocktail. It is similar to a Pimm’s or summer cup. It is strong at nearly 30% alcohol content so it definitely needs to be mixed with a mixer.
You can garnish thisLondon Cup Lemonade Spritz with Orange slices and some crushed mint leaves.
Adding a little prosecco to this pimped up G&T makes it 10 times better and the extra fizz is so tasty! You can make it into a garden party punch easily by just adding extra prosecco and some more lemonade.
I use regular clear lemonade for this recipe but if you want to make it extra special try using cloudy lemonade. The finished drink will be cloudier and still be gorgeous.
How to makeLondon Cup Lemonade Spritz – step by step
This is a simple pour and serve easy Sipsmith London cup cocktail recipe. You just need to prep the fruity decoration and you have a London Cup Lemonade Spritz.
- Add a handful of ice to a gin balloon glass.
- Chop the strawberries and slice an orange and add it to the glass.
- Add in the Sipsmith London Cup.
- Pour in the Prosecco.
- Top up with lemonade.
- Serve and sip the gin lemonade fizz in the sunshine.
Crush the mint leaves with the ice in the bottom of the glass, this releases the flavour and helps to cool down the glass.
If making this easy Sipsmith London cup cocktail for a party you can prepare the glasses with the garnish in each glass along with the London Cup spirit. Then when you’re ready you can add the ice and top up with the lemonade.
London Cup Lemonade Spritz Serving Suggestions
This easy Sipsmith London cup cocktail is best served with friends in the sunshine! This is a fresh summer cocktail and should be enjoyed even if the British summer isn’t too sunny.
Strawberries also pair really well with this lemonade spritz. Chop them in half and garnish your drink!
This list contains affiliate links
This cocktail is so easy to make you don’t need any equipment, just measure, pour and drink!
Storing / Making ahead of time options
This Pimm’s Fizz is best enjoyed fresh on the day you make it. You can make it and drink it straight away.
Alternatively, you could scale this gin lemonade fizz up and make it into pitchers. Keep in the fridge, pour and serve!
London Cup Lemonade Spritz Substitutions and variations
You can make this Sipsmith London Cup Spritz into a non-alcoholic cocktail by omitting the prosecco for extra lemonade and choosing your favourite non alcoholic gin. Sipsmith FreeGlider is a great choice, but you could also use Gordons 0.0% alcohol free gin.
Can you mix lemonade into Sipsmith London Cup?
You can absolutely mix lemonade into Sipsmith London Cup, it makes for a lovely cocktail! It’s fresh, fruity and terribly moreish. TheLondon Cup Lemonade Spritz is a huge favourite cocktail in our house. The mix of lemonade with the London cup is delicious.
What is better Pimm’s or Sipsmith London Cup?
It’s all up to your personal taste. Pimm’s is perfect for summer cocktails and it a staple at British Picnics. However, The Sipsmith London Cup has a similar taste, fruity, fresh but is maybe a tad better in my opinion. It’s my Summer 2021 cocktail.
Can you use Sipsmith London Cup for cocktails?
Of course! It’s tea infusion along with the zesty lemon verbena is the perfect alcoholic base for any gin based cocktail. I love this recipe for a lemonade spritz but you could add tonic water or even just use all prosecco!
What does sipsmith London cup taste like?
Sipsmith describes their London Cup gin as tasting zingy with notes of burnt orange, caramel and just a hint of peppery gin goodness.
What did you think it tasted like?
Other Recipes you might like
I will add the other two sipsmith cocktails in when they are done.
Pin this recipe to enjoy later
Pin me for later or follow me @sewwhiteblog on Pinterest for my latest recipes and to discover my others.
London Cup Lemonade Spritz – Easy Sipsmith London Cup Cocktail
- Gin balloon glass
- cocktail spoon
- 50 ml Sipsmith London Cup
- 100 ml Prosecco
- 100 ml lemonade (to top up)
- Orange slice (for decoration)
- Strawberries (for decoration)
- fresh mint (for decoration)
- Add a handful of ice to a gin balloon glass.
- Chop the strawberries and slice an orange and add the pieces to the glass.
- Add in the 50ml Sipsmith London Cup.
- Pour in the 100ml Prosecco.
- Top up with the lemonade. Mix together with a cocktail spoon.
- Add a sprig of mint and serve and sip in the sunshine.
- This is a perfect drink for summer.
- You don’t need ice if you want to take the ingredients on a picnic to enjoy in the sunshine.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.