This alcohol free strawberry basil cocktail is a beautiful and delicious cocktail that you can easily make at home. As strawberry basil smash cocktails go this is so quick to make and can be enjoyed by children and adults for a special occasion. The taste mix of strawberry and basil is sweet and earthy but above all this cocktail smells incredible. I made this an alcohol free gin strawberry cocktail but you can easily turn it into a strawberry basil gin cocktail if you want to make it alcoholic.
This recipe was originally created for Elys Wimbledon in partnership with Sipsmith.
Summer is fast approaching and, for me, that means a refreshing cocktail is needed. This strawberry basil alcoholic free cocktail hits the spot! The Sipsmith FreeGlider alcohol free gin is delicious and the zesty and fresh flavours pair perfectly with the basil and strawberry. Once you’ve this once, you’ll be whipping it up every weekend.
Why you’ll love this strawberry basil cocktail recipe
- This strawberry basil cocktail is packed full of flavour and super juicy too.
- It’s a beautiful thirst quenching cocktail. Perfect for holidays and summer days in the sunshine, I’ve been gardening a could do with one now.
- I’ve made it with alcohol free gin but you can make it with gin to make it a tasty boozy drink.
- Alcohol free strawberry cocktails can just be as delicious as alcoholic ones.
For the full recipe and instructions scroll to the bottom of the page for the recipe card.
NON ALCOHOLIC GIN
Cocktails are always great but sometimes you just don’t want an alcoholic drink, that’s where alcohol-free spirits come in. They are ever more popular and often taste just like their alcoholic counterpart. I’ve used this Sipsmith FreeGlider gin but you could use Gordon’s 0.0% or any of your favourites.
Fresh strawberries add a hint of sharpness to this sweet and refreshing cocktail . Chop the leaves off and cut them into quarters so they fit neatly in your glass.
If you scale up this cockatil to a strawberry basil gin punch, then I would just cut the strawberries in half.
I love growing fresh basil in my garden, it smells incredible and there is something about cooking with a herb you grew yourself that is just so satisfying.
For this recipe I used Belvoir Farms strawberry cordial to make it even more full of delicious strawberries. You don’t have to use cordial in this recipe but if you remove it you can add extra strawberries and give them a little bash so they soften in the jam jar glass.
You can also use my healthy strawberry compote as a starting point for this cocktail.
Sipsmith freeglider cocktails
Have you heard of Sipsmith freeglider? It is a beautiful non-alcoholic spirit which is absolutely perfect for cocktails. It has the perfect gin flavours with 0% alcohol. Making it perfect for everyone and brilliant if you’re the one driving home too.
You can buy Sipsmith freeglider here (affiliate link) and it makes a great spirit to have at home.
You can use Sipsmith freeglider as you would any gin in a cocktail so it can make a lot of beautiful drinks at home. It also makes a great party gift.
How to make strawberry basil cocktail – step by step
- Add a few ice cubes into a tall glass or jam jar
- Cut up the fresh strawberries and add them along with the basil
- Pour in the FreeGlider alcohol free Sipsmith gin with the strawberry cordial
- Top up with the tonic and stir
- and most importantly… ENJOY youralcohol free strawberry cocktail!
Top Tips – strawberry basil cocktail
- Be sure to wash your strawberries thoroughly. You can even pick your own strawberries in some places! Which is fun day out for the whole family.
- Keeping this strawberry basil cocktail alcohol free means the whole family can it enjoy it, but if mum and dad need an extra kick then I recommend adding a little shot of tequila.
Strawberry basil smash – Serving Suggestions
I suggest serving the alcohol free strawberry cocktail with ice, a twist of lemon or lime and a healthy dose of summer sun. If you’re looking to make this a little more grown up then add a shot of tequila or rum. But this strawberry basil smash is great as a non-alcoholic gin cocktail.
This list contains affiliate links
All you need is a beautiful cocktail glass. This is such a simple cocktail, you can’t go wrong.
I would suggest adding some ice to your glass to make this a refreshing strawberry basil cocktail.
Storing / Making ahead of time options
You can make this alcohol free cocktail in batches ahead of time and then serve. Just keep it chilled in the fridge until you are ready to serve and enjoy.
Substitutions and variations
If you want to turn it into an alcohol cocktail then you can try it with rum, vodka or even tequila. Just use the same amount that is listed for the alcohol free gin in the recipe below.
Don’t forget to drink responsibly and drink aware.
Add even more berries to make this a summer berries non-alcoholic drink. Strawberries and raspberries as a mix are delicious.
Alcohol free strawberry cocktails FAQS
What is Sipsmith FreeGlider?
Sipsmith FreeGlider is a delicious alcohol free gin that actually tastes like gin! Sipsmith describes their alcohol-free spirit as refreshing with a zesty twist. Sounds perfect to me!
Can I turn this into a strawberry basil tequila cocktail?
You can turn this into a strawberry basil tequila cocktail, simply swap the Sipsmith FreeGlider out for 50ml of your favourite tequila and you’ll have an easy tequila cocktail.
What are the best alcohol free gins?
The best alcohol-free gins will vary depending on your palette, I love the Sipsmith FreeGlider but Gordon’s Alcohol Gin is great if you’re looking to replicate the taste of your regular G&T.
Supermarkets like Aldi and Lidl also do some incredible alcohol free gins too.
Which non-alcoholic gin actually tastes like gin?
A lot of non-alcoholic gins actually taste like gin, especially once you’ve added ice and a slice. It really depends on which one tastes best to you, what’s your favourite non-alcoholic gin?
Other Recipes you might like
Pin this recipe to enjoy later
Pin me for later or follow me @sewwhiteblog on Pinterest for my latest recipes and to discover my others.
Strawberry basil smash Recipe
Strawberry Basil Gin Cocktail
- Tall glass
- Jigger or measuring jug
- 50 ml FreeGlider alcohol free Sipsmith gin or alcoholic gin
- 25 ml strawberry cordial I used Belvoir farms but you can make your own strawberry cordial at home
- 2 strawberries
- 5 basil leaves
- 150 ml tonic
- Add a few ice cubes into a tall glass or jam jar.
- Cut up the fresh strawberries and add them along with the basil.
- Pour in the FreeGlider alcohol free Sipsmith gin with the strawberry cordial.
- Top up with the tonic and stir.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you don’t have strawberry cordial you can make your own strawberry cordial by making my strawberry compote and mixing it in.
- You can also just use more strawberries squashed up at the bottom of the glass if you want to make it even simpler.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.