Apple Cooler – Easy Apple Rum Cocktail
In this quick and easy apple cooler, you have the simple ingredients to make a most delicious cocktail. A cocktail that is perfect throughout the year. You can make it more warming in winter by using spiced rum. Use white rum in the summer to keep it fresh and refreshing on a hot day. This rum apple cocktail is pure joy. It will soon be a cocktail recipe you use time and time again.
I love a daiquiri and if you’ve ever tried an apple daiquiri you will find it is no exception. In this recipe, I use the same ingredients to create an apple cooler cocktail. It’s easy to make and even easier to serve (and enjoy). Just measure, pour and stir! You can make individual apple coolers or make enough for a group and turn this apple and rum cocktail into a party punch!
Why you’ll love this Apple Cooler recipe
- You don’t need a cocktail shaker for this rum and apple juice cocktail. it’s a simple pour, stir and serve drink. Then drink again… and again.
- This apple rum cocktail takes seconds to make so it’s easy to make at parties and events, it works well as an individual drink but if you are having party, scale up the measures and make a pitcher! Apple Daiquiris are always a crowd pleaser.
- It’s an all rounder. A great cocktail for summer, the apple juice cool and refreshing and you can make it even fresher with a twist of lemon. Then, in winter when you want a warming Apple rum drink you can use a spiced rum.
- This can easily be made alcohol free, with many people making the switch to low alcohol drinks there is a huge variety of 0% rums out there. Simple swap out the alcoholic rum for your own alcohol free version.
- You can even leave the rum out all together and enjoy this refreshing apple cooler for all times of day and for everyone too.
Ingredients for an easy apple rum cocktail
- ice cubes – optional but perfect for a summery Apple Cooler when you need to cool down a little.
- white rum – You can also use spiced rum for a winter drink, however in this recipe I have used Captain Morgan’s white rum. If you want a lighter drink then just use 25ml. I love how this recipe is so easily adaptable.
- lemon juice – you can use fresh lemons or any store bought juice. Both will work, however there is something tastier in fresh.
- apple juice – you can use cloudy or regular. Just as with the lemon juice you can juice your own apples if you’re feeling fancy.
- fresh mint leaves – you don’t have to have mint but it brings such a gorgeous flavour and smell to the drink.
How to make my Apple Cooler – step by step
For extra style points, place your glasses in the freezer before making this apple cooler, or simply fill the glass with ice cubes, let it cool then remove a couple before adding your ingredients.
Measure your rum, 50ml offered the best flavour personally, pour into your glass along with a few (optional) ice cubes and your mint leaves – crush/ rip your mint leaves to release extra flavour.
Stir in the lemon juice, if you are squeezing your own lemon then check out my favourite juicer below. Top up worth Apple juice, depending on your glass the amount will vary but approximately 200ml makes for a lovely long drink.
Finally, enjoy! You can also decorate your glass with another sprig of mint and a lemon wedge
- If you are feeling really fancy you can freeze your glass before starting. During the summer this apple cooler really benefits from lots of ice and a cool glass, it’s so refreshing and lasts just long enough to leave you satisfied.
- When decorating you can add a slice of apple to the edge of the glass, it offers a different flavour to the mint and lemon wedge. But you can experiment with your own flavours to pair with the apple rum cocktail. Just don’t forget to be drink aware.
I suggest serving this apple rum cocktail at a summer picnic with all your nearest and dearest. Or even a wedding, engagement party, family BBQ or just a sunny afternoon.
Be safe when drinking check out Drink Aware for more information.
This list contains affiliate links;
Storing / Making ahead of time options
I don’t think you’ll need to worry about storing this apple rum cocktail, it’s likely to be gone within minutes. However, if you want to make it ahead you can. Simple make the cocktail (without ice) and leave it in the fridge until ready to serve. A quick mix with a spoon will be enough to mix it all.
The beauty of this apple daiquiri cocktail is that you can make individual drinks with no waste. You can absolutely make the pitcher ahead of time, just cover and refrigerate. I wouldn’t put any ice in as this may melt and offset the flavour. Just add ice to serve.
Substitutions and variations for making an Apple Cooler
ALCOHOL-FREE APPLE COOLER
You have two main options to make this apple rum cocktail alcohol free. The first is simple, just take out the rum! The apple mint and lemon flavours are still delicious when mixed together. Alternatively, choose your favourite alcohol-free rum and substitute it into the apple cooler recipe. You could try the Clean Co alcohol-free rum.
Any rum works with this recipe, I used Rumbullion in my recipe but you could use Bacardi, Havana Club or any brand white rum in the summer.
A spiced rum for the warming winter apple rum cocktail is a must. I love Kraken Black Spiced Rum or a Dead Man’s Fingers spiced rum. It is delicious and adds a wonderful depth to the apple rum cocktail.
Lighter and punchier, vodka is a great substitute especially as you could always use a lemon flavoured vodka for a zingy apple cooler. Use the same measures and follow the recipe as before.
Whisky and apple is a match made in haven. No apple cooler recipe would be complete without mentioning how amazing whiskey works into this recipe, swap out the rum for your favourite whisky and boom. You have the perfect warming luxurious apple and whiskey cocktail.
In this apple rum cocktail recipe I ued Rumbullion rum. It’s a lovely rum which is perfect neat (if you like it that way), with a little coca-cola, however it is a wonderful rum to use for cocktails.Rumbullion is a spiced rum with hints of vanilla and citrus. In this recipe you can use your favourite rum. An apple cooler would work with white rum, dark rum or even spiced rum.
This recipe is so adaptable as you can use white rum for a fresher summer cocktail or switch it to spiced rum during winter when you want that extra warming and spicy flavour.
FAQS about Apple Cooler
Can I use spiced rum for this apple cooler cocktail?
Yes, you and use spiced rum for this apple cooler. Make this apple rum cocktail your own by adding your own twists, either with a spiced rum or another spirit altogether. It is a hugely adaptable recipe and a great one to experiment with.
Can I use cloudy apple juice for a rum cooler cocktail?
Absolutely, cloudy apple juice with the spiced rum is an amazing combo, but even with the summery white rum, any apple juice works. Cloudy apple juice might look better if you want a picturesque and Instagram worthy cocktail.
Does apple juice go well with rum?
Why don’t you make this apple rum cocktail and tell me. I think it’s a delicious pairing and so versatile too. Rum and apple juice cocktails might not be the most popular but I think you’ll find they are delicious.
When it’s summer add lots of ice, lemon slices and mint.
When it’s winter swap for spiced rum and even add cherries if you fancy.
Thinking about having a Party? Make a pitcher and call it a day. Then there is no need to be in the kitchen preparing drinks all day.
How can I make this alcohol free?
There is a growing range of alcohol-free spirits available in supermarkets and online. You can use an alcohol-free rum, alcohol-free gin or even alcohol-free vodka in this recipe.
A strawberry non alcholic cocktail sounds wonderful and is just as special for a party or summer event.
If you like this Apple Cooler recipe, you might like these too
Pin this Apple Cooler recipe to enjoy later
Pin me for later or follow me @sewwhiteblog on Pinterest for my latest recipes and to discover my others.
Apple Cooler – Easy Apple and Rum Cocktail
- 1 Tall glass
- 1 long spoon (a straw will do)
- ice cubes (optional)
- 50 ml white rum (a double measure, you can also use spiced rum)
- 12.5 ml lemon juice (the juice from half a lemon)
- 200 ml apple juice
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 sprig mint
- 1 slice lemon
- In a tall glass add a few ice cubes along with the mint leaves.
- Pour over the 50ml rum. (you can use a single 25ml measure if you prefer).
- Stir in the 12.5ml lemon juice and top up with the 200ml apple juice.
- Decorate with another sprig of mint and a slice of lemon if you want.
- I use white rum for this recipe but you can also use spiced rum too.
- Scale up the recipe for summer parties when you want a jug of cocktail on the table for people to help themselves.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.