Maple Syrup Grilled Peach and Nut Salad
Enjoy my sticky and sweet Maple Syrup Grilled Peach and Nut Salad this summer. Hot fruit with herbs and sticky sweet nuts combine to create a great summer dish.
To celebrate the bank holiday I’ve joined with Le Creuset to get my grill on! Le Creuset have a great range of grills including the new Signature Rectangular Grill. It’s mad of cast iron and as well as being hob safe you can also pack it away for camping and use it on the BBQ.
Waitrose have their new season of peaches in and although still a little unripe they are perfect for this as the heat softens them perfectly.
I loved laying out the ingredients as they were all so photogenic. The rich brown of the nuts, the mix of tones with the sprouts, green fresh herbs and mix of earthy green and purple leaves. Plus the warm and inviting peaches with their pinks and oranges tones. However their smell when cooking was what made me the most hungry.
How to make Maple Syrup Grilled Peach and Nut Salad
With the pan on a medium heat, add the herbs and peaches. Add a little water and the maple syrup and that’s mostly it
Just look at the beautiful peaches as they caramelise!
Maple Syrup glazed walnuts and pecans
Warming up the walnuts and pecans was a great idea. I drizzled them with a little extra maple syrup to make them beautifully sweet and a little softer. Plus it give them a super caramel flavour to the finished salad.
Serving up the peaches was so incredible. They smelled amazing. The fruity and sweet smell which makes you want to eat them all. The herbs had infused their smell and of course their taste too.
The glistening maple syrup nuts topping the salad were so appealing. I’m surprised there were any left when it was served as I kept snacking on them.
If you like the look of this you might enjoy my Focaccia Party Bites topped with Parma Ham and Peaches
Maple Syrup Grilled Peach and Nut Salad Recipe
Due to the sugary nature of the recipe it is likely that if the pan is too hot the sugar will burn. If this starts to happen reduce the heat and carefully add a little water to the dish. If the grill pan has burnt pieces on after let it soak in hot water and follow the cleaning instructions on Le Creuset’s website.
Mine caught a bit but after a soak and putting the grill pan back on the heat the last of the burnt sugar came off very easily. Le Creuset also sell a cleaner and brush to keep your pan looking new.
Maple Syrup Grilled Peach and Nut Salad
- 4 peaches
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water you might need a little extra
- handful of peacans
- handful of walnuts
- bag of salad leaves
- 2 stems resh rosemary
- small handful fresh thyme
- lentil sprout mix (I got mine from Waitrose)
- Note – the sugar from the peaches and maple syrup might burn on the pan if if it’s too hot. If it’s starting to burn lower the heat. See my notes below for how to clean the pan. As it’s not non stick it will catch a little but the pan is easy to clean following Le Creuset’s instructions.
- Chop up the peaches into quarters and remove the stones.
- Pull the rosemary off the stem and do the same with the thyme.
- Warm up the Le Creuset grill pan to a medium heat and add the herbs. After a few seconds add the peaches on top with a 3 tablespoons of water. Allow the peaches to warm up for a few minutes each side.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and move the peaches around so they get a good coating. Carefully add a little more water if it dries out too quickly.
- When the peaches start to brown remove them from the heat.
- Add a little more maple syrup and water to the grill pan and add the chopped up nuts. Move them around so they get coated in the syrup.
- After a minute or so when they are warm remove from the heat.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a plate, add the warm peaches and nuts.
- As a lovely extra flavour sprinkle a few lentil sprouts on the top. Serve straight away.
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
Pin me for later
I’ve joined my recipe with loads of gorgeous other bloggers with #CookBlogShare. Find more delicious recipes here.
Other Recipes you might enjoy