There is nothing better than a fresh summer fruit pudding to enjoy in the sunshine and my incredibly quick and tasty raspberry fool will do perfectly!
This is one of the first things I ever made when I was little. I love squishing the raspberries for their juice and with only 3 ingredients it’s simple to let kids make to show off their culinary skills plus it can get messy and that is fun. It can be made earlier in the day as it needs to set for a while and is good for family meals but also good for dinner parties. Although the portions in espresso cups seem small it’s enough to enjoy after a main meal.
– 300g raspberries (save a few for decoration)
– 50g caster sugar
– 200ml creme fraiche
– optional tuile biscuit curls to serve with the fools
– Mix the raspberries and half the sugar together so the raspberries are coated.
– Press the raspberries through a sieve into a bowl to collect the juice. Discard the pips in the sieve.
– Taste the raspberries and add a little more of the sugar is it’s too sharp.
– In a separate bowl lightly stir the creme fraiche and then fold in the raspberries.– Spoon the mixture into espresso cups or ramekins.
– Place the pudding in the fridge for about 3 hours to firm a little.
– Add the raspberries for decoration and serve.
– Serve with a tuile biscuit curl for a little crunch with the raspberry fool.