These White Chocolate Christmas Cupcakes are the cutest addition to a Christmas party. They are easy to make, taste delicious and look wonderful.
These were a massive hit at my Christmas baking demo at Neptune Wimbledon in November. They are smooth and creamy and most of all absolutely far too easy to eat. The sponge I chose to make these with a yoghurt in, to make it moist and yummy. For the white chocolate flavour in the cake I add a chopped up chocolate bar. A really easy way to add that wonderful creamy taste to the finished cake without having to add melted chocolate which can get a bit messy.
Making the White Chocolate Christmas Cupcakes
I took a white chocolate bar and finely chopped it and added it to make a mix of fine and slightly chunkier pieces. Still smaller than normal chocolate chips. The smaller pieces melt into the mix when baking and the larger bits add a nice little bite. To give them a Christmassy look I decided to do a quick buttercream swirl but build it up a little higher to make it look slightly like a Christmas tree. I then added a few choice sprinkles to look like Christmas baubles.
These cakes are so quick to make and really were incredibly popular. These would be great for Christmas fairs and events. The longest bit in creating them was mixing the butter cream because I forgot to take the butter out of the fridge early enough to soften. I miss summer days and not having to leave butter out for long before it went soft enough to use.
For decorating I wasn’t sure which I liked most. The gold stars and red dots or with the addition of green holly. I do love both. Plus they are so tasty I don’t think I really mind which one as long as I got to eat it.
This goes perfectly with my Christmas graze table.
Christmas graze table
Here are the other bakes I made at the Neptune Wimbledon Christmas Weekend
Easy Christmas White Chocolate & Cranberry Cake
Black Forest Bundt Cake
Embossed Cookie Recipe – Embossed Rolling Pin Recipe
Another way to decorate your cupcake is with dried orange slices
Dried Orange Slices
View all my sweet treat recipes.
Follow me on Instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
White Chocolate Christmas Cupcakes
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 175 g vanilla yoghurt
- 175 g plain flour / all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- tiny pinch of salt
- 50 g white chocolate bar finally chopped up
- 1 portion of buttercream below
- 300 g unsalted butter
- 700 g icing sugar / confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/175ºc fan.
- Place 24 cupcakes cases in a cupcake tin.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter at room temperature and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix together.
- Mix in the yoghurt.
- In a separate bowl, measure and sieve out the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and the mixed spices.
- Sieve in the flour gradually and stop when the flour is evenly mixed in.
- Finely chop up a bar of white chocolate and mix in to the cake mixture.
- Divide the mix into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until it's golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Mix up the buttercream in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the buttercream to a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Add swirls of buttercream and stud with a range of sprinkles.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
6 thoughts on “White Chocolate Christmas Cupcakes”
These are the cutest!
Aren’t these the cutest Christmas cupcakes ever! Bet they taste amazing too!
These are absolutely darling, I love how you’ve iced in the shape of a tree. It’s so simple but really effective and cute!
I really loved making them. Icing like this was so quick too. Although I’m always surprised about the amount of icing I’m going through.