Easy Mini Egg Pancakes
My Easy Mini Egg Pancakes are a super delicious treat for mini egg fans, with mini eggs chopped up inside and on the top. Breakfast and Brunch sorted.
Pancakes are delicious . It’s a fact. Adding some extra flavours like Mini Eggs makes them perfect for Easter breakfast and brunch. Or while we are all at home it makes a great breakfast for a special treat.
Chopping up mini eggs and adding them to the pancakes really works well. These were fought over on the breakfast table. I think that is always a good sign of how something tastes. The family all wanting more!
The pancakes themselves are really quick to make and easy enough for children to help with. It is a great way to get them involved and interesting in cooking. They can get whisking up pancakes batter and then eat the results. It is a great way to see how ingredients can become food.
Making the mini egg pancakes for Easter brunch
I absolutely love chopping up mini eggs for recipes. Leave a few mini eggs to serve with. Chop up the rest. Chop them up carefully and keep them as big as you like. I like to chop them up in to about quarter size for these pancakes.
Watching the pancakes cook is a pure joy. You can see the mini eggs poking out. The mixture is starting to bubble showing that the bottom side is nearly cooked. The mini egg shell works really well to keep the chocolate molten in the finished pancakes.
A golden stack of pancakes is a joy to behold. They smelled incredible cooking and tasted wonderful. The sugar shell of the mini eggs keeps the molten and softened chocolate inside. Making them more squishy and delightful on the tongue mixed with the soft pancakes and crisp egg shell.
What are small pancakes called?
How long do mini eggs last?
How can I make pancakes for Easter?
Why are mini eggs so good?
How can I decorate my Easter egg pancakes?
What do I need for Easter egg pancakes?
Chocolate Easter pancakes ideas
Follow me on Instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
Other Easter Recipes
Flipping easy Easter pancake recipes
Easy Mini Egg Pancakes
- Frying Pan
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen Scales
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar / confectioners sugar
- 25 g caster sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter melted
- 1 medium egg
- 100 g mini eggs Keep a few to place on top when serving
- 250 ml milk
- butter for the pan
- Sieve the flour in to a bowl along with the baking powder, icing sugar and the caster sugar.
- Melt the butter in 10 second bursts in the microwave to make sure it doesn't burn. Leave it to cool for a few minutes. (I usually get the frying pan out while waiting for it cool. It only needs a few minutes. I'd say about 3 minutes).
- Add the butter in along with the egg.
- Whisk it all together along with the milk.
- Chop up the mini eggs carefully and mix in. (I have had one reader suggest that you can break them by hitting them with a frying pan gently but please be careful however you break them up).
- Heat up a frying pan until it’s a medium/high heat.
- Add a little butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Put a spoonful/small ladle of mix into the pan (I can usually do 4 in a pan to make a stack each round). When the pancakes start to bubble flip them over.
- When they are done stack them on a plate, top with a few mini eggs and serve.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.