My Easy Mini Egg Pancakes are a super delicious treat for mini egg fans, with mini eggs chopped up inside and on the top. Breakfast and Brunch sorted.
Pancakes are delicious . It’s a fact. Adding some extra flavours like Mini Eggs makes them perfect for Easter breakfast and brunch. Or while we are all at home it makes a great breakfast for a special treat.
Chopping up mini eggs and adding them to the pancakes really works well. These were fought over on the breakfast table. I think that is always a good sign of how something tastes. The family all wanting more!
The pancakes themselves are really quick to make and easy enough for children to help with. It is a great way to get them involved and interesting in cooking. They can get whisking up pancakes batter and then eat the results. It is a great way to see how ingredients can become food.
Making the mini egg pancakes for Easter brunch
I absolutely love chopping up mini eggs for recipes. Leave a few mini eggs to serve with. Chop up the rest. Chop them up carefully and keep them as big as you like. I like to chop them up in to about quarter size for these pancakes.
Watching the pancakes cook is a pure joy. You can see the mini eggs poking out. The mixture is starting to bubble showing that the bottom side is nearly cooked. The mini egg shell works really well to keep the chocolate molten in the finished pancakes.
A golden stack of pancakes is a joy to behold. They smelled incredible cooking and tasted wonderful. The sugar shell of the mini eggs keeps the molten and softened chocolate inside. Making them more squishy and delightful on the tongue mixed with the soft pancakes and crisp egg shell.
What are small pancakes called?
How long do mini eggs last?
How can I make pancakes for Easter?
Why are mini eggs so good?
How can I decorate my Easter egg pancakes?
What do I need for Easter egg pancakes?
Chocolate Easter pancakes ideas
I’ve linked this recipe up to the CookBlogShare round up this week on Lost in Food.
Follow me on Instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
Creme Egg Pancakes
Individual mini egg cheesecakes
Mini Egg Cookie Bars – easy mini egg cookie traybake
Chocolate Cherry Pancakes – Easy Black Forest Pancakes
Gluten Free Blueberry American style Pancakes – lactofree
Scotch Pancakes with Peach Compote
Other Easter Recipes
Speckled Easter Pinata Cake
Avocado Easter Egg
Easter Chocolate Fridge Tray Bake
Cranberry Hot Cross Buns – easy sweet hot cross buns
Hot Cross Bun French Toast
Chocolate Easter Cocktail – Easy Coffee Chocolate Martini
Flipping easy Easter pancake recipes
Easy Mini Egg Pancakes
- Frying Pan
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen Scales
- 200 g (1.6 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) icing sugar / confectioners sugar
- 25 g (0.88 oz) caster sugar
- 25 g (0.88 oz) unsalted butter melted
- 1 (1 ) medium egg
- 100 g (0.5 cups) mini eggs Keep a few to place on top when serving
- 250 ml (250 ml) milk
- butter for the pan
- Sieve the flour in to a bowl along with the baking powder, icing sugar and the caster sugar.
- Melt the butter in 10 second bursts in the microwave to make sure it doesn't burn. Leave it to cool for a few minutes. (I usually get the frying pan out while waiting for it cool. It only needs a few minutes. I'd say about 3 minutes).
- Add the butter in along with the egg.
- Whisk it all together along with the milk.
- Chop up the mini eggs carefully and mix in. (I have had one reader suggest that you can break them by hitting them with a frying pan gently but please be careful however you break them up).
- Heat up a frying pan until it’s a medium/high heat.
- Add a little butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Put a spoonful/small ladle of mix into the pan (I can usually do 4 in a pan to make a stack each round). When the pancakes start to bubble flip them over.
- When they are done stack them on a plate, top with a few mini eggs and serve.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
14 thoughts on “Easy Mini Egg Pancakes”
What a cute idea for easter. The kids are going to love these!
I hope they do! Thank you for leaving a comment x
I love the idea of making the pancakes into mini pancakes and topping them with some egg candies. These are indeed perfect for Easter.
Mini eggs and mini pancakes are such a happiness!
These are absolutely adorable and perfect for Easter brunch! I love the little chocolate eggs on top, as well as mixed into the pancakes.
Thank you so much, that is so kind <3
What a fun way to enjoy chocolate mini eggs! We make pancakes every weekend, and can’t wait to make this soon!
I hope you enjoy them. They are wonderful. I’ve eaten way too many testing the recipe.
Oh, I love your fluffy pancakes. I would like to give them a try, but I am looking forward to making no sugar pancakes. Could I omit the sugar in the recipe?
You could swap the sugar for a sugar replacement like stevia. Or you could replace the sugar with a table spoon of honey or maple syrup.
They might be a little runnier then but a little extra flour would sort that out x
These are total genius! Such a fun idea for Easter breakfast 😀 Eb x
Coming from you that is the best compliment ever!