If you are looking for an easy gin elderflower cocktail that is absolutely delicious then you are in the right place. It makes a perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail due to its bright red colour and also works so well as a summer party drink. As a fruity gin lemonade cocktail, it’s a refreshing drink too. The mix of elderflower, gin and raspberry lemonade is a combination I adore in this easy gin cocktail.
You can’t go wrong with gin, it has so many flavour options and it pairs perfectly with everything, but this elderflower gin cocktail might be my new favourite. Its light, fresh and looks stunning! Topped with raspberry lemonade it can be served as a long drink to be sipped while you relax.
Why you’ll love this gin elderflower cocktail recipe
- Who doesn’t love elderflower and gin? The two go together like strawberries and cream. Some cocktails can end up being sharp and better enjoyed later on in the night, but this elderflower gin cocktail will be there with you from 5pm to 5am.
- Easy to make and even easier to drink you’ll be serving gin lemonade cocktails at every gathering.
- The elderflower gin cocktail is a great drink all year. It fits for Valentine’s Day but it also fits for summer cocktails perfect to enjoy in the sunshine. Who wouldn’t love a pink Valentine’s Day cocktail.
- Ice cubes ( I love suing coloured reusable ones)
- Elderflower Cordial (or try elderflower liqueur for an extra special cocktail)
- Gin- any simple gin would work, I love using Bathtub gin for this recipe but you can use your favourite.
- Raspberry lemonade
How to make Valentine’s Day Cocktail– step by step
- Cool your glass down with a few ice cubes
- Measure your gin and pour it into the glass.
- Add the elderflower cordial and top with your raspberry lemonade.
- Finally, decorate with a sprig of mint or fresh raspberry for extra style points.
Gin Elderflower Cocktail Top Tips
If you are feeling extra fancy you can wet the rim of your glass with some water and dip it in a plate of sugar to create a sweet rim, along with the decorative mint and fresh raspberries make for a truly beautiful drink. It would make a beautiful decoration for a raspberry lemonade cocktail.
This elderflower gin cocktail drink is delicious as is but you can swap the elderflower cordial for an elderflower liqueur. This adds an extra kick and is really tasty if you love elderflower flavours like me!
The best way to serve this elderflower raspberry cocktail is with ice, mint and maybe even a little squeeze of lime juice.
This elderflower gin cocktail is perfect all throughout the year but due to its colour I especially love it in February, around Valentine’s day. Add a second straw to your glass and share away! Romantic drinks are the best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
This list contains affiliate links
All you need for this recipe are your drinking glasses. It’s a simple pour and top cocktail so no need to shake. I used tumbler glasses for this recipe.
Not a decoration but a fresh raspberry to decorate the glass is a lovely finishing touch though.
Storing gin elderflower cocktail / Making ahead of time options
This raspberry lemonade cocktail is best enjoyed fresh. It can be made into a pitcher (just scale up your ingredients) and kept in the fridge the day of drinking but I wouldn’t mix and keep this drink for more than 1 day.
Substitutions and variations
ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL OR ELDERFLOWER LIQUEUR
Swap the elderflower cordial for an elderflower liqueur for an extra special cocktail. It will be a stronger drink so please do drink aware. St Maur is a great elderflower liqueur and one I would recommend.
ALCOHOL FREE GIN
You can make this gin elderflower cocktail alcohol free by omitting the gin and swapping it for an alcohol free gin.
Mixing raspberry lemonade with elderflower cordial is also a great way to make a tasty alcohol free elderflower cocktail. It is just as delicious and doesn’t leave you with a sore head in the morning when you inevitably can’t put these down.
Visit www.drinkaware.com for more information.
Gin Elderflower Cocktail FAQS
What is a Good Romantic Drink?
The best romantic drinks have to be ones you can share. I love this elderflower gin cocktail because of its bright colour, fresh and floral flavour and above all, it feels very romantic.
Which alcohol goes with lemonade?
Lemonade pairs with lots of types of alcohol. It really depends on the flavour you are looking for.
For a quick refreshing drink, I would suggest vodka and lemonade with a twist of lime. But for something sweet I recommend my Gin Elderflower cocktail (scroll down for the recipe).
Lemonade will pair really well with vodka, gin, rum and bourbon.
Raspberry lemonade cocktail can be made with gin, rum, vodka and even bourbon.
What gin goes well with elderflower?
Most gins go incredibly well with elderflower cordial. I would recommend a crisp gin with these as my favourites for this cocktail. (List contains affiliate links)
- Tanqueray London Dry Gin.
- Bombay Sapphire Gin.
- Ophir Oriental Spiced London Dry Gin – this is especially delicious and quite peppery.
- Bathtub gin
- Silent Pool Gin
What does elderflower taste good with?
What doesn’t elderflower taste good with? Elderflower tastes especially good with gin. It also works very well to flavour prosecco. Elderflower tastes good with lemon and lime flavours too.
I also like to mix Elderflower cordial with sparkling water to make a sweet and summery alcohol-free drink. A sprig of mint really adds some extra flavour too. Over all it’s a beautiful elderflower gin cocktail drink which is simple to make.
Other Recipes you might like
Pin this recipe to enjoy later
Pin me for later or follow me @sewwhiteblog on Pinterest for my latest recipes and to discover my others.
Gin Elderflower Cocktail Recipe
Gin Elderflower Cocktail – Fruity Gin Lemonade Cocktail
- 2 cocktail glasses (tumblers)
- ice cubes
- 25 ml Elderflower Cordial (try elderflower liqueur for an extra special cocktail)
- 50 ml gin
- 150 ml raspberry lemonade (it might be a little less or more but top up with raspberry lemonade)
- Add a few ice cubes to a glass.
- Pour in the 25ml of elderflower cordial, followed by the 50ml gin.
- Top up the glass with raspberry lemonade.
- Serve with or without a sprig of mint.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.