Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
This Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake is incredible. Mixing together white chocolate strawberry truffles, Baileys Strawberries and cream liqueur to the classic cheesecake creates an incredible treat. This easy no bake cheesecake will change how you make cheesecakes and you will love how easy it is to make. Using Strawberries and Cream Baileys takes this cheesecake to the next level of delicious. Plus adding the Lindt Strawberry truffles adds an extra delicious bite to the no bake cheesecake. My go to easy no bake cheesecake for summer parties and of course celebrating Wimbledon fortnight.
The tastes of summer for me have to be strawberries and cream. As the weather has been so beautiful this October this I felt inspired to pretend it was still summer and create this gorgeous (if I do say so myself) cheesecake.
It’s a super rich cheesecake which doesn’t just have strawberries and cream liqueur but also contains strawberries and cream truffles. The mix of all these flavours makes this a delicious and creamy dessert which tastes good all year round.
No Bake Strawberry and Cream Cheesecake
No bake cheesecakes are a definitely a favourite of mine. If you want to be inspired check out all my cheesecake recipes here. Strawberries and cream is a beautiful combination and a classic one. The rich creamy layer topped with fresh strawberries so divine. Adding Baileys into the mix makes those flavours even better.
I have created this cheesecake so many times and each time I decorate it slightly differently. Usually I cover it with fresh strawberries. I take this as my classic look.
Baileys Strawberries and Cream
Baileys Strawberries and Cream is a sweet summer version of the classic Baileys liqueur. It’s fruity but also has a lovely creaminess which is so moreish. It’s a lovely great way try a new liqueur and try it in a new way. I’m still experimenting with the cocktails but first I created this strawberries and cream cheesecake recipe.
How to make a Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
Break up the biscuits in a food processor or put the biscuits into a sandwich bag and hit it with a rolling pin. Then mix together the broken up shortbread and butter, making sure all the crumbs have been coated. Press the mix into the cake tin to form the base. Press down with a spoon to push it in to the corners and stick it all together. Pop it in the fridge to set while you make the cream mix.
Mix together the cream cheese and caster sugar, until the sugar is dissolving. You don’t want gritty cream. Stir in the Baileys strawberries and cream liqueur. In a new bowl whip up the double cream until it becomes thick.
Mix the thickened double cream into the cream cheese mixture gently. Add in the chopped truffles if you love them. Remove one third of the mix and add the food colouring paste to make it pink.
Troubleshooting – Don’t use liquid colouring as it will make the mix too watery and it might not set properly.
Dollop the main mix into the cake tin, studding with the pink mix and gently swirl with the back of a spoon to get a beautiful two toned cheesecake. You don’t have to do this but I think it makes the finished cheesecake look beautiful and extra special.
Recipes for Baileys Strawberry and Cream drink
There are so many beautiful ways to use the gorgeous strawberries and cream Baileys. In cocktails you can use it for a fruit version of a flat white martini or sip it while cold in the sunshine. To turn it into a beautiful cheesecake follow my recipe below.
Strawberry Cheesecake UK
I think a no bake strawberry cheesecake is such a British dessert but it’s popularity is growing worldwide. It is not hard to see why. It’s so super easy and you don’t need an oven. It’s all going in the fridge.
The Baileys strawberry and cream cheesecake Cheesecake recipe
I hope you enjoy my recipe. It’s a delicious cheesecake and is asked for most weekends in my house now. Especially in the summer months. I think a boozy cheesecake definitely deserves a sunny day and party. A slice on a rainy day also works incredible well if I’m honest.
Pin the strawberries and cream cheesecake for later
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
- 90 g Unsalted butter
- 300 g Shortbread biscuits
- 600 g Soft cream cheese
- 120 g Caster sugar
- 50 ml Baileys Strawberries & Cream Liqueur (regular Baileys works too)
- 300 ml Double cream
- 150 g Lindt Strawberries and Cream Truffles
- Red food colouring paste
- 300 g Strawberries
- 50 ml Baileys Strawberries & Cream Liqueur
- Lightly grease an 8 inch loose base cake tin. (I also added a greaseproof paper circle at the bottom to help it off the base later)
- Melt the butter gently in the microwave or in a pan and then take off the heat.
- Crush the shortbread biscuits in a food processor. Or put the shortbread in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them up.
- Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until all the biscuits are coated in the butter.
- Scoop the crumbs into the tin and push down to make a hard layer. Put in the fridge for 20-30minutes to harden.
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and caster sugar until the sugar has dissolved and is well distributed.
- Stir in the Baileys strawberries and cream.
- In a new bowl lightly whip the double cream until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in the double cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Lightly chop the strawberries and cream truffles and stir them in to the mix.
- Take a quarter of the mixture and add to a new bowl. Stir in a little of the red food colouring to get a beautiful pink colour.
- Take the base out of the fridge and spoon the cream cheese mixture on top adding dollops of the pink mixture throughout and swirling it around.
- Put the cheesecake back in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour until it has set.
- Chop up the fresh strawberries and place them on top. Drizzle more of the Baileys on top and serve.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite