Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
This Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake is incredible. Mixing together white chocolate strawberry truffles, Baileys Strawberries and cream liqueur to the classic cheesecake creates an incredible treat.
The tastes of summer for me have to be strawberries and cream. As the weather has been so beautiful this October this I felt inspired to pretend it was still summer and create this gorgeous (if I do say so myself) cheesecake.
It’s a super rich cheesecake which doesn’t just have strawberries and cream liqueur but also contains strawberries and cream truffles. The mix of all these flavours makes this a delicious and creamy dessert which tastes good all year round.
How to make a Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
1) Mix together the broken up shortbread and butter. 2) Press the mix into the cake tin to form the base.
3) Mix together the cream cheese and caster sugar. 4) Stir in the Baileys strawberries and cream liqueur. 5) In a new bowl whip up the double cream until thick.
6) Mix the cream into the cream cheese mixture. 7) Add in the chopped truffles. 8) Remove one third of the mix and add the food colouring to make it pink.
9) Dollop the main mix into the cake tin, studding with the pink mix and gently swirl with the back of a spoon to get a beautiful two toned cheesecake.
The Cheesecake recipe
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
- 90 g Unsalted butter
- 300 g Shortbread biscuits
- 600 g Soft cream cheese
- 120 g Caster sugar
- 50 ml Baileys Strawberries & Cream Liqueur (regular Baileys works too)
- 300 ml Double cream
- 150 g Lindt Strawberries and Cream Truffles
- Red food colouring paste
- 300 g Strawberries
- 50 ml Baileys Strawberries & Cream Liqueur
- Lightly grease an 8 inch loose base cake tin. (I also added a greaseproof paper circle at the bottom to help it off the base later)
- Melt the butter gently in the microwave or in a pan and then take off the heat.
- Crush the shortbread biscuits in a food processor. Or put the shortbread in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them up.
- Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until all the biscuits are coated in the butter.
- Scoop the crumbs into the tin and push down to make a hard layer. Put in the fridge for 20-30minutes to harden.
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and caster sugar until the sugar has dissolved and is well distributed.
- Stir in the Baileys strawberries and cream.
- In a new bowl lightly whip the double cream until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in the double cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Lightly chop the strawberries and cream truffles and stir them in to the mix.
- Take a quarter of the mixture and add to a new bowl. Stir in a little of the red food colouring to get a beautiful pink colour.
- Take the base out of the fridge and spoon the cream cheese mixture on top adding dollops of the pink mixture throughout and swirling it around.
- Put the cheesecake back in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour until it has set.
- Chop up the fresh strawberries and place them on top. Drizzle more of the Baileys on top and serve.
I hope you enjoy my recipe. It’s a delicious cheesecake and is asked for most weekends in my house now. Especially in the summer months. I think a boozy cheesecake definitely deserves a sunny day and party. A slice on a rainy day also works incredible well if I’m honest.
Pin me for later
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite