I have been asked to take part in a egg shaped January challenge with Happy Eggs.
The challenge was to make fantastic scrambled eggs with a) vegetable or meat/fish, b) a herb or spice and c) surprise ingredient.
I raided through my fridge and found that a lot of the items I had were from countries around the Mediterranean. I had lots of hams and cured meats from Spain and Italy, herbs and spices from France and cheese from all three. I decided that my scrambled eggs would have to be Mediterranean inspired.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of single cream
- 50g of chorizo cut up into medium sized chunks
- 20g Parmesan cheese (I just grated it a few times would be about 20g I think)
- a sprinkle of Herbs de Provence
- pinch of salt and pepper
- teaspoon of butter
- In a bowl whisk up the eggs and cream.
- Add the cheese, herbs, salt, pepper and chorizo and whisk together.
- If you are having toast put that on. The eggs cook very fast!
- Heat up a non stick pan on a medium heat and add a teaspoon of butter.
- Add the eggy mix and keep it moving.
- When it’s cooked serve it straight away on hot buttery toast.
- I sprinkled a little extra Herbs de Provence on top. I love the taste.
Here is the gorgeous mix ready to go in the pan. It smelled amazing!
I served it on thickly sliced country style grain bread. It was delicious. I really liked the big chunks of chorizo and the taste of Parmesan and Herbs de Provence were so delicious. I will be making this again!