Black Forest Cheesecake – no bake recipe
This Black Forest Cheesecake is a super collaboration of cherries with chopped up dark chocolate on a super creamy cheesecake.
Black Forest Cheesecake is just incredible. I absolutely loved making this cheesecake and loved it even more when I ate it. The rich fruit mixed with the chocolate on top of a cool creamy cheesecake is a dream come true. These iconic flavours are super together and I take any opportunity to use them. Plus as you can see it is absolutely gorgeous. This is my go to cheesecake for dinner parties or events where I want a show stopper that will look incredible. You can store it in the fridge if you have any left overs for a few days in an air tight container, however having made this so much I still haven’t had any left overs once it’s been served.
Just look at how beautiful this cheesecake is! You definitely will want a big slice. I love the juice from the cherries starting to drizzle off the sides. The red of the juice against the white cream cheese is beautiful. The rich brown chocolate pieces on top look so good I want to dive in.
Chocolate and cherry cheesecake
These flavours are iconic. I love them. This cheesecake is so gorgeous to eat, is definitely a show stopper and is so easy to make. The holy trinity of cheesecake. I have had some incredible response to this cheesecake and it makes me so happy to see and hear that others have enjoyed it as much as me. The main compliments I get are for the soft cherries, cool cream and shards of rich chocolate on top. The combination works and needs to be tried by more and more people.
How to decorate a black forest cheesecake
To get the beautiful chocolate shards on top I used a knife and cut at a chocolate bar on the diagonal. You get the beautiful looking chocolate crumbs. It produces a wonderful mix of the large and little shards of chocolate which stand out so beautifully against the soft fruit. To chop the chocolate I used a knife and chopped it diagonally on the bar. This helped to make the these shards. It’s a great trick. I don’t know why cutting on the diagonal works so well but it does for decoration like this.
Sprinkling the chocolate on top was a beautiful moment and looked great when serving. Everyone wanted a little extra chocolate once it was sliced up however it was mostly me. This pudding was superb and has been incredibly popular with my friends and family. It’s the most requested at the moment for any party or just when cheesecake is the only thing that will do.
Cherries are a great addition to cheesecakes and are an easy addition to make it look gorgeous and taste great too. You can add fresh cherries to the cheesecake mix and decorate it with them too. A cherry cheesecake can also be made with cherry filling like in this recipe. I love making a cherry cheesecake gooey and sweet which compliments the creamy layer so so well.
Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
Chocolate and cherry go so well together. There is a reason why the black forest flavours are so well known as they so incredible together. I can’t wait to enjoy this again. Out of all of my cheesecakes this black forest cheesecake is my absolute favourite. The gooey cherries on top are so amazing. Adding the chocolate on top in shards means it melts on your tongue, as it’s not too big to make it bite worthy.
How gorgeous does this look! I think the reason is looks so good and is so pleasing is because it was so easy to create.
Making the black forest topping was easy to create. Pop the ingredients in a pan and allow the fruits to soften on a low heat. Remove and allow to cool. Easy. The addition of lime to the fruit adds a little sharpness to counteract the sweetness of cherries.
Black cherry cheesecake
Black cherry cheesecake is a wonderful simple way of creating a beautiful and delicious cheesecake. You can make this recipe without the chocolate and using black cherries instead. You will need to mush down the cherries slightly with some sugary and water – add some cherry liqueur if you want to make it booze. It will work very very well. Leave on a low heat and let it mush down slightly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before you add it on the cheesecake. If it’s still warm you will melt the cream and we don’t need that.
When I made this I had blueberries and blackberries which I added into the cherry mix. You don’t need to do this but it does taste good.
Pin me for later
Check out my other Christmas recipes
Black Forest Cheesecake
- 45 g Unsalted butter
- 150 g Bourbon biscuits
- 300 g Soft cream cheese
- 60 g Caster sugar
- 150 ml Double cream
- 410 g black cherry fruit filling tin
- 150 g Blackberries
- 125 g blueberries
- 1 lime
- 60 g dark chocolate
Making the black forest topping
- Place the tinned cherries, blueberries and blackberries in a saucepan. Along with the fresh lime juice.
- On a low heat allow the mix to reduce down. Keep an eye on the mix and stir regularly.
- Once the fruit has started mushing down slightly remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Lightly grease an 6 inch loose base cake tin. (I also added a greaseproof paper circle at the bottom to help it off the base later).
- Melt the butter gently in the microwave or in a pan and then take off the heat.
- Crush the bourbon biscuits in a food processor, or put it in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them up (my preferred method).
- Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until all the biscuits are coated in the butter.
- Scoop the crumbs into the tin and push down to make a hard layer. Place the cake tin in the fridge and leave to harden while you make the cream layer.
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and caster sugar until the sugar has dissolved and is well distributed.
- In a new bowl lightly whip the double cream until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in the double cream and cream cheese mixture together.
- Remove the cake tin from the fridge and add the cream cheese to the base and put back into the fridge to set. It takes roughly about 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a plate. Spoon the cool cherry mix over the top.
- Chop the chocolate on the diagonal creating the beautiful flakes. Sprinkle on the cheesecake and serve.
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
Want more cheesecake? Check these out