Cool down this summer with my fresh and fruity Watermelon and Strawberry Martini. Simple to make and far too easy to sip.
This is the best way to bring out the sunshine no matter what the weather. I love this drink. It’s worth taking the time to make because it gives such great results. I hope you enjoy the Watermelon and Strawberry Martini.
This is a delicious fresh and fruity cocktail which is super easy to make and even easier to sip on in the sunshine. It’s simply made by whizzing up watermelon and strawberries in a blender and then shaking with vodka, fresh lime and ice. You can either serve it strained once to stop the ice and remove some of the pulp or double strain it so you have a smoother cocktail.
Watermelon and strawberries are my most favourite summer fruits. Together they work so well in puddings and of course in cocktails! I love adding the smaller slice of watermelon and the strawberry with the little stripe straw to make it even cuter. Everyone loves this serving suggestion plus the joy of having a little piece of the flavour to nibble on as you sip is a joy in the summer.
Let’s get shaking… Watermelon and Strawberry Martini
Flex your muscles and get shaking to create this delicious cocktail. This recipe works really well if made to order. You can make it in to a pitcher but you will need to keep it stirring each time you want to serve. Also make sure you don’t add ice once it’s mixed as it will dilute the drink that way.
The addition of a little strawberry and mini slice of watermelon makes the presented cocktail so cute! And of course a paper straw. I used one but cut in half for the two drinks so it sat prettily between the fruit.
Pin me for later!
Watermelon and Strawberry Martini
- 200 grams watermelon without rind or seeds
- 200 grams strawberries
- Half of a lime
- 75 ml vodka
- 12.5 ml simple sugar syrup (optional)
- ice cubes
- watermelon wedges
- Whizz up the strawberries and watermelon in a blender.
- Fill up a shaker half way with ice.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime
- Add in the vodka, fresh lime juice, simple syrup and 150ml of the watermelon and strawberry juice. (save any left over watermelon and strawberry juice for another cocktail. It will last in the fridge for 2-3 days but will need a stir).
- Shake together and pour through a strainer in to the cocktail glasses.
- Decorate with a garnish of a mini sized watermelon slice and a strawberry and enjoy straight away.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
quick way of adding a new taste to a classic gin and tonic.