A Boxing Day Buffet is the best thing ever on Boxing Day. It is a delicious way to use up all the Christmas leftovers and indulge for another day over Christmas.
Here is my recipe for what I include for our boxing day buffet, but the best part is picking and mixing your favourite things. I have rounded up a range of Boxing Day buffet ideas and recipes that would be perfect for including in your boxing day buffet.
If you are looking for more party food and leftover ideas check out my Christmas Graze Table.
It is the time in our family when the extended family meet up, and bring their different leftovers and the day is filled with food, drinks and games.
Boxing Day Buffet Categories
- Leftover Puff Pastry Recipes
- What to do with Christmas Leftovers
- Boxing Day nibbles ideas
- Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Air Fryer Christmas Recipes
- Boxing Day Food
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Recipes
- Children’s Boxing Day Food
- Boxing Day Drinks
- Leftover Mincemeat Recipes
What to do with Christmas Leftovers
- Vegetable Fritters From Leftover Cooked Vegetables by Tin and Thyme
- Leftover Quiche by Gluten Free Alchemist
Boxing Day Nibbles Ideas for a buffet
- Cranberry Brie Bites by Everyday Delicious
- Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas by Boulder Locavore
- Turkey Cranberry Crostini by Biscuits and Burlap
Boxing Day Buffet Food
Leftover Puff Pastry Recipes for a Boxing Day Buffet
- Brie and Cranberry Parcels by The Last Blog
- Brie Cranberry Tart by Chenee Today
- Easy Mincemeat Pinwheels by Sew White
Leftover Turkey Recipes – Leftover Goose Recipes
- Leftover Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Pastries by Curly’s Cooking
- Leftover Turkey Fried Rice with Pigs in Blankets by Feast Glorious Feast
- Simple Thai-Style Leftover Turkey Green Curry by Straight to the Hips Baby
- Turkey Steamed Chinese Dumplings by Feast Glorious Feast
- Turkey Broccoli Casserole by The Toasty Kitchen
- Crockpot Leftover Turkey Chili by Two Pink Peonies
Air Fryer Christmas Recipes
What do guests serve on Boxing Day?
On boxing day, most people serve their guests a mix of Christmas party food and a buffet of Christmas day leftovers. I hate to see food go to waste so this is a perfect option for using up what you’ve got and extending the Christmas magic to Boxing day.
Its especially fun if all the family meet up and get to enjoy the range of what has been cooked and enjoyed on Christmas day.
Boxing Day Buffet – Leftover Cranberry Sauce Recipes
- Cranberry Dumpling Dipping Sauce by Feast Glorious Feast
- Ham and Cranberry Roll Ups by Little Sprouts Learning
- Cranberry Sauce Sausage Rolls by Sew White
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce by The Toasty Kitchen
- Swiss Roll Cake Recipes by Drive Me Hungry
- Cranberry Sauce Bread by Tikkido
- Sparkling Sugarplum Cranberry Cookies by Fresh Flavorful
What do you eat on Boxing Day?
The best thing to serve on boxing day is to serve up a mixture of Christmas day leftovers in a buffet style. Think hot sausage rolls, turkey salads and leftover roast potatoes. I also like to use up leftover mincemeat by making mincemeat and puff pastry desserts.
- Chocolate Mousse by FabFood4All
- 10-Minute No Bake Chocolate Truffle Cake by Scrummy Lane
- Instant Pot Showstopper Choco Lava Cake by Pressure Cook Recipes
Children’s Boxing Day Food
- Christmas Pretzel Treats by The Family Food Kitchen
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Drive Me Hungry
- 10-Minute Christmas Rocky Road by Scrummy Lane
How do you make Boxing Day special?
You can make boxing day special by creating loved traditions and I love creating traditions around food. Getting everyone excited to have that one food we only have on boxing day is a great way to continue the Christmas magic and make Boxing day special.
Boxing Day Drinks
- Christmas Gin Cocktail
- Old Fashioned Christmas Punch
- Cranberry Aperol Spritz by Stright to the Hips Baby
- Amaretto orange margaritas by Carrie’s Kitchen
- Sparkling Cranberry Champagne and Tequila Cocktail by Homebody Eats
Leftover Mincemeat Recipes fit for a Boxing Day Buffet
- Leftover Mincemeat Buns by Tin and Thyme
- Mincemeat Cake by Sew White
- Mincemeat Loaf Cakes by Something Sweet Something Savoury
- Mince Pie Cupcakes by Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen
What do British eat on Boxing Day?
British people eat a mix of foods on boxing day, some families swear by leftovers and bubble and squeak. Whereas others prefer a buffet of finger food, sausage rolls, cocktail sausages and mince pies.
Boxing Day Buffet Ideas
- Large Chopping Board (or plates or layer greaseproof paper on the dining table and add everything on top)
- Bowls (mix of shapes and sizes)
- Plates (mix of shapes and sizes)
- Fresh Bread
- Carrot sticks
- There are many options on how you can lay out your buffet.
- You can have everything on individual plates and bowls. Fill in any gaps with fresh foliage.
- Or you can lay out layers of greaseproof paper on your table and layer the buffet. I would any bread, mince pies, vegetable sticks and any fresh fruit on the paper. I would then use bowls and plates for everything else.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.